Monday, May 16, 2016

My Trip to Japan

With President of SEISA University


The Royal Thimphu College with the goal of providing a well-rounded, global education in Bhutan, RTC had signed an MOU for academic and educational cooperation with the SEISA University Group of Japan in September 2010. Through such mutual exchanges and visits, the college with the vision of inspiring education in Bhutan hopes to provide global exposure to its students as well as develop friendship and cooperation among citizens of the two countries. Therefore, as a part of the academic partnership between the Royal Thimphu College and SEISA University, Japan, 10 RTC students accompanied by a faculty member were moved in Japan on a 10-day cultural exchange programmed every year. A team of 10 students accompanied by a faculty member are selected based on their interview score, academic performance and contribution made to the college.

First Time at Paro Airport
As it is lifelong opportunities I also submitted all related documents to International Relations Division for the full-funded scholarship type. Since, it is rare opportunities there are competition among the students like me for scholarship programme. After a vigorous selection process among the students for the programme it is so surprising to see my name under full funded scholarship programme.  I thank Royal Thimphu College’s management for selecting me as one of competent person for the programme.
Since, we will represent our nation we started practicing cultural base programme and presentation lead by our faculty member Madam Ngawang Yangden. All of us are so supportive to each other and we all are so excited for our journey to land of rising sun.
After three weeks of preparing that is on January 2016 we left our nation saying goodbye to all our parents, relatives and friends.
Dinner Time
Surprising all of us are experiencing first time in the air. We were ready and waiting for the take off. Firstly the plane went on the runway till the opposite end and all the while I was feeling as if I am sitting in a bus. But finally it took an about-turn and the speed increased exponentially. Within a few seconds we were high, up in the sky. The view was breathtaking. The roads seemed like bright lighted lines, the houses and cars seemed like toys. My ears were humming initially when the plane increased the height, but later on everything was fine.
Time just flew and very soon we landed at Bangkok. After a 6 hour break, the plane again took off. Almost everyone was asleep, but I was so happy and excited that I could not even think of sleeping. Again, there was similar view from the top.
We reached the Narita Airport at 12:30 PM where Our host SEISA University representative is desperately waiting for us. It is taking 2:30 hours to reach our campus where we stayed and refreshed.
Refreshing with Friends 
During stayed in Japan, we have exposed to a variety of enriching activities such as Japanese culture, history, customs, traditions, education, sports and language. Moreover, we also got opportunities to visit places like Furukawa Mega Solar Power Plant, Panasonic Digital Network Museum (RI-Su-Pia) at Odaiba, Kentyo-ji temple,Tsurugaoka-Hachiman Shrine, Oiso Mayor, Yokohama campus and other places.
Shanghai Airport at China
Where we had the honor to interact and share our own experience with students and faculty members of university and high schools. And we also delivered a presentation on Bhutan covering economic, culture, people, environment, concept of Gross National Happiness, policies and others. The programme was so interesting and learning oriented, where we gain a better understanding of Japan and build a strong institutional partnership between the two institutions. And it also serves as a platform for Bhutanese students to interact with international students and experience student life in a foreign country.
One  things that really made me fall in love with Japan country (aside from futuristic cities and fascinating history) were the people. Everyone was incredibly friendly. When I talked to them, they were warm and very polite. Whatever the reason, it was very noticeable when compared with the other countries I visited. Japan would easily rank as number 1 in the friendliness scale. Thank you all for everything you have done for me and my team.
Today I want to thank Royal Thimphu college families and SEISA University for blooming me and giving me an opportunity to experience and explore new things in my life. You all gave me positive energy to overcome challenges in my life. Simultaneously, I would like to thank my parents and all my families for your help and support.
Farewell Party with Vice President, SEISA University

2 comments:

Book Reviews on “The Power of Positive Thinking”

I am very thankful my brother-in-law gave me this book. I rarely, if ever, write reviews, but this book as impacted me and helped me in a ...