Wednesday, October 5, 2016

FOR MY COLLEGE FRIENDS

It was on 3rd July 2015 that something incredible happened in my life: the day where I had officially graduated from Royal Thimphu College with Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Finance. Three years, six semesters were fully packed with more than 101 projects and various exams including unit tests. It was a herculian task for me. Royal Thimphu College was the source of inspiration. My three years stay at RTC was a crucial part of my life because it prepared me mentally and physically for my future endeavor.

Many people said that the college time was the best time to enjoy and do what you want to do. But, for me, college time was not a piece of cake as all thought, but we had to complete lots of assignments, projects, to do research and tests on time.  However, we were always guided and supported by lecturers and friends. I am always looking forward to seek their help at any point in time. Thank you, Royal Thimphu College for making me who I am today.

Currently, I am working at Royal Insurance Corporation of Bhutan as a Branch Manager at Pemagatshel district. With my little experience and wisdom, I would be happy to share few lines to all my dear college students:
1.    Time to explore: College time can be the best time to explore on your interest. Many subjects you can study in college — like history, literature, languages, business, laws, or art with your individual capacity or with help from lecturers.
2.    Take advantage of the time to become the most amazing version of yourself:  College time could be just an incubation period, where you can develop mentally or physically. So, you must take advantage of your college time to be a new version of your life.
3.    Manage your time: One of the worst parts of college life could be not being able to manage the time with productive works. The college time shall be precious time to remind yourself the reason being in college in the first place: to graduate. Therefore, your academic work should always come in first place, when it comes to prioritizing your time.
4.    Focus on making the relationship with Lecturers and friends: Usually, we can believe that the college life is golden life, we must make the full chance to socialize with your lecturers and friends. College can be one of the greatest opportunities to build lifetime relationships. So, get the most out of advantages.
5.    Create yourself, not your resume: Many students participate in extracurriculars activities; be it in school or college level just to impress future employers. However, if we focus more on developing themselves as strong, well-rounded, we will have more advantages in interviews and the working world.
6.    Make your college proud to have you: Never be part of failure rather try to be one of those students that your professors and classmates will remember in years to come. Give an impact of your presence in any places you may live.

For My friends
What you think and what you do matter a lot in your life. Just thinking positive and doing things positively wouldn’t help but you must put extra effort in your life. College life can be the golden life only if you can make use of it. I found college life as the most challenging part of my education life with full of assignments and exams. However, I too have enjoyed my college life by exploring and learning from the different sources of knowledge. Thank you, Royal Thimphu College, Youth Development Fund and Ministry of Education for sponsoring my education. You had made me who am I today. Thank you all.

“Wake up, live big and love the journey.”- Jenny Blake


2 comments:

  1. Nice. You are sounding like a matured man or lets say like an old man here...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha ha that is true Karma...Now I am matured ni...thank you for reading my post which is full of mistakes la.

      Delete

Book Reviews on “The Power of Positive Thinking”

I am very thankful my brother-in-law gave me this book. I rarely, if ever, write reviews, but this book as impacted me and helped me in a ...